cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUBE "487 Request terminated" timeout

RockSteadyEddie
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue that I wanted to put out there to see if anyone in the community has experienced something similar and may know the answer.

I am making an outbound call from our internal infrastructure via a Cisco CUBE to a provider. The trunk is a Registration based trunk so we receive a challenge from our INVITE for SIP Digest authentication (and go through all the normal steps) but it eventually bombs with a 487 Request terminated from the provider.

Based on the attached screenshot from translator-X (in my estimations) the called endpoint (provider side) should be responding after the 100 TRYING with a 180 RINGING but is not. The provider however says that the timeout is due to too long inactivity due to us not sending them a response - but cannot tell us what response they are expecting.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

RockSteadyEddie
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone else experiencing this or a similar  issue it ends up that the provider did not support Clip No Screening/calling line identification presentation (which means you cannot present any number you want as CLID) so were rejecting the call(s).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

RockSteadyEddie
Level 1
Level 1

For anyone else experiencing this or a similar  issue it ends up that the provider did not support Clip No Screening/calling line identification presentation (which means you cannot present any number you want as CLID) so were rejecting the call(s).