cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIsco DRS Backup Error on Cisco unified collaboration products (UCCX, Unity UCM)

Chris Carlson
Level 4
Level 4

ERROR: Backup failed due to an interruption during file copy to backup media, Backup Completed

the backup completes with all the .tar files, but fails to write the .xml file.

it works if i run it on freeftpd on my windows 7 box but is failing on our linux sftp box and it was working before. the only thing we changed was upgrading from 8.6

UCM: 10.5.2.10000-5

Unity:  10.5.2.10000-5

UCCX: 10.5.1.11001-49

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is it working after changing the directory? I wasn't able to find the bug but I came across this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12303681/cuc-105-drs-backup-fails

-Terry

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris - Does the directory on the linux server where you are trying to backup has old backups? If yes, try changing the backups to a different directory or move the old backups to an archive.

-Terry

we started to do that.. and are finding  a pattern.. is there something wrong or is there a bug with doing it that way.

Is it working after changing the directory? I wasn't able to find the bug but I came across this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12303681/cuc-105-drs-backup-fails

-Terry

i'll try today? maybe you can't have multiple backups in one directory with different UC versions

Yeah it appears so, couldn't find it documented anywhere though other than user experience from the forums. Lets see how you go.

-Terry

I did confirm that after deleting the older version backups in the directories i was able to successfully perform backup operations with my new version.

Thanks for the update can you please mark the thread as answered if there are no more queries.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts