Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco integraion with Lync Scenario

Ahmad Kefaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Dears,

I'm really confused about Integration Jabber with Lync 2010/2013 and skype for business i read a lot of document and watched cisco live but i cannot understand what is optimal solutions
that fit each design,please check the below scenario to understand what i looking for:

scenario 1:
lets say we have CUCM and IMP with Jabber working from Internet (MRA) with this domain "xyz.com" Also have Lync with the same domain "xyz.com" and we need to enable chat,Video and Audio.

what we need exactly to enable:
chat integration
Audio Integration
Video Integration

Note: this is on-premise scenario

scenario 2:
lets say we have CUCM and IMP with Jabber working from Internet (MRA) with this domain "xyz.com" and we need to federation with lync using this domain "abc.com"

what we need exactly to enable:
chat integration
Audio Integration
Video Integration

Note: this scenario for B2B integration ( different company )

Regards,
Ahmad Kefaya

3 Replies 3

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

If you would just be asking for scenario 1, the guide below would have been sufficient.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-9/Cisco-Expressway-Microsoft-Infrastructure-Deployment-Guide-X8-9.pdf

However for the other scneario, i think the supported model now is to use CMS. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X8-9/CMS-Expressway-Deployment-Guide_X8-9-2.pdf

What could be done here to tweak the scenario is instead of using CMS in above document substitue it with LyncVCS (B2B Gateway) and then pass the calls to the LyncGateway for SVC<-->AVC conversion, and use the expressway C & E pair as to have traversal mechanism for your IMP traffic as mentioned in above document. 

I am not sure if the solution would be supported though.

Regards,

Alok

Hello Alok,

Thank you for effort.

for the first scenario:

if i need to use Chat between Cisco and Lync in on-premise no need to use Expressway C (SIP-Brocker) just i need SIP-Brocker if i need to make full integration (chat,Video and audio) that is right ?!

for the second Scenario:

did we need deciacted Expressway-C for the integartion B2B , and did we need CMS to join Conference call between Cisco and Lync ?!

Regards,

Ahmad Kefaya

Its always best to use a separate Lync gateway for the scenario. However if you are ready to invest in CMS then use the second approach as is mentioned in the document and extend that solution for on premises as well. 

Regards,

Alok