Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO IP PHONE 7941 Custom xml

baharanji
Level 1
Level 1

HI all,

I need to create a custom phone directory something like the following and I can search by any element and retrieve all results.

also FYI I think my manager needs it to be installed as a service on the Cisco unit. but anyway I need a working xml file.

- <CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

<Title>Cisco Coporate Directory</Title>

<Prompt>Select the User</Prompt>

- <DirectoryEntry>

<Name>Shze Chew Lee</Name>

<Telephone>140</Telephone>

<CellPhone>141</CellPhone>

</DirectoryEntry>

- <DirectoryEntry>

<Name>Sherman Scholten</Name>

<Telephone>130</Telephone>

<CellPhone>131</CellPhone>

</DirectoryEntry>

- <DirectoryEntry>

<Name>Josh Bottum</Name>

<Telephone>186</Telephone>

<CellPhone>187</CellPhone>

</DirectoryEntry>

</CiscoIPPhoneDirectory>

thanks in advance.

regards,

Baher

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

1) You probably won't get this installed 'on the Cisco unit' - it's a sealed appliance install and Cisco do not allow you to do so.

2) The way you have phrased your questions suggests you don't have any development experience. I would suggest that you look up a Cisco partner that can provide you with an off-the-shelf or custom written directory.

If I am wrong and you are able to develop this yourself, you should probably ask a question - i.e. where have you got to, what do you need help with specifically?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Well thanks for replying so quick. and well i have the required skills to create such xml file as above. My question  here let me rephrase it,

1- Is there a way that i can install this xml as a service on a cisco unit ?

2- if yes is the xml above is in corect format? if not correct what is the right format ?

3- if No what can i do to acheive a multiple entries per directory to appear in the search result.

hope that it makes more sense now.

Hi

1. No. See my answer above. The exception to this is if your CUCM is a very old, Windows-based one - this is less likely, and if/when you upgrade to linux it would stop working.

2.The schema for the xml is in the IP Phone Services documentation here :

http://developer.cisco.com/web/ipps/home

The schema for an CiscoIPPhoneDirectory object is not changeable as far as I'm aware. I don't think you can change the names of the numbers or have multiple numbers per person.

3. I would probably try to use a CiscoIPPhoneMenu object, with the URL set to the internal Dial: URI and the number.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Well I saw this post :https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3142393#3142393

and wanted to ask you if I- followed the same steps do you think it will lead to something ?

and FYI I just want to create a custom directory not to change the CiscoIPPhoneDirectory schema

Baher.

Hi

Sure, you can start with that.

The point re: the schema is that you do not have a choice. If you deviate from what is documented (i.e. using

131 instead of, or as well as ) the phones will just fail to parse the XML.

Aaron