cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Phones - external speaker

lsimanek
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where I could get an external speaker that we can use with the Cisco's VOIP system? Maybe a speaker that plugs into the RS232 port?

3 Replies 3

oodunuga
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

By cisco voice system do you mean external speaker for ip phones or connection to an FXS port on a voice gateway

For the Ip telephony voice network you may consider using a 7935 conferencing phone which quite al loud enough external speaker. If you can do some electrical work them maybe you could connect a headset cable to an IP phone and split the receive wire going to the headeset loud speaker and transmit going to the microphone .

connect the receive wire to a Amplifier which has normal speaker and "boom" you can process the received ananlog signal from the phone as required, you have to mute the microphone though else acoustic echo may come into play.

This is an off the hat solution i thought off the hat (NOT RECOMMENDED BY CISCO) as there is no external speaker for ip telephony that i know of as of today.

If your connecting to an fxs port then you may use this product as your analog phone connection to the fxs port " Ploycom VTX 100"

Hope it helps

Regards

Tola.

Thank you Tola,

We are a school trying to use the IP phones as a future intercom system. We have been talking to Berbee for the Informacast. However, we need a speaker so that it could be heard across the room. We have the valcom solution running on our workbench right now, but it still is not a total IP solution.

I am going to try the headset speaker solution.

Larry Simanek

A total IP overhead paging system isn't out there...but the cheapest way to go would probably be to incorporate the equipment you already have.

A 2600 series router and a VG248 will do the trick. You can configure analog E&M to do zone paging as well. The specific E&M ports are hardwired to the horn. The only drawback being that if you plan to move departments around you have to move the horn and the wiring as well.

Good Luck