Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MediaSense

tahahasan82
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have just recently installed Cisco Mediasense 9.0. Now everything has been configured and good to go, but when i access the Search and Play URL https://myipaddress:8440/mediasense. it says the following message. Please help me what could be the issue.

Cisco System - Error report

HTTP Status 404 - /mediasense

type: Status report

description: The requested resource (/mediasense) is not available.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is great, please remember to make the thread as Answered if there are no further questions on the topic.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When exactly are you getting the error??

1) While trying to login into MS Search & Play

2) While trying to download a recording from Search & Play

I hope you are providing Media Sense API configuration rights to the end user before accessing S&P. Also have you configured DNS for your MS since lot many times while working with S&P, IP address redirects to FQDN of MS and if DNS not configured will throw this error

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I am getting the error wile trying to login into MS Search & Play. Moreover please confirm if API is a compulsory requirement for accessing MS S & P.

Yes, it is important to assign API capabilities since MS an an application is all API based. Even while launching S&P there are several APIs that needs to be invoked which is only possibly by an authorized user. Refer to API user management section of below document ad assign the same to the required user and it will work then

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/901/inst_admin/CUMS_BK_IFE33F4B_00_mediasense-install-and-admin-guide/CUMS_BK_IFE33F4B_00_mediasense-install-and-admin-guide_chapter_011.html

Regards

Deepak

Thank Deepak,

Can you confirm is API required in all versions of MS 10 and 11.0 also.

API is a vast field full of opportunities to play around with a particular application (MS) in this case. What exactly you want to use it for is the real question. From a perspective wherein you just need to login into S&P and listen/download recordings, yes you will need to provide API rights to the user even in 10 and 11.

Secondly, these days people prefer an application that understands/works on API since there are lot of third parties available out there that can enhance your product with their features and enhancements by integrating through a means of common interface API in this case. So a million dollar question what is your reason not to use APIs what issues do you have while using MS in regards to API. It is there and will remain all the way forward while working with MS.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak;

I have the same question as well. I only need to play and download recordings nothing else and i dont have any problems in providing rights to the users. Simply, I need to use an interface where i can download or play the recordings. Where i can get the interface ? As mentioned in the below mentioned link, i can see an interface in 10.5 where it says "Cisco Media Sense Search & Play" while i didn't find the same in 9.01. So shall i move on 10.5 or is there any way where i can find this built in API and start view / downloading without any problems in 9.0.1?

Unfortunately, the S&P web based application is only available starting version 10 on wards hence proceed upgrading to 10.5. With 9, you will need to use some third party who with the help of APIs can develop the application and you can use it then that I think will be of much more hasle, upgrade to 10.5

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/mediasense/10/releasenotes/CUMS_BK_M3A89C32_00_ms-release-notes-10.html#CUMS_RF_FBA68FE3_00

Regards

Deepak

I upgraded to 10.1 and now i can see the link for playing media files.

That is great, please remember to make the thread as Answered if there are no further questions on the topic.

Regards

Deepak