cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MOH audio translator

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Since I upgraded the CCM to 3.22c, I have been seeing error: Cisco MOH audio translator in the event of subscriber server every one minute.Will there be any impact to the system if the publiher goes down?

5 Replies 5

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the error you are seeing this?

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco MOH Audio Translator

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 14-01-2003

Time: 17:18:04

User: N/A

Computer: CCM2

Description:

The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( Cisco MOH Audio Translator ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Unable to read/write to Destination directory (\\CCM1\TFTPPATH\MOH), error = 00000005.

Then you are seeing this:

CSCdy16451 - MOH Audio Translator service is configured to log in as LocalSystem

Conditions:

CallManager 3.2(2c) with the MOH Audio Translator service installed on a node in the cluster other than the Publisher. (Also applicable to 3.1(4) and 3.2(1))

Symptoms:

Event log messages indicating:

Error: Unable to read/write to Destination directory

(<\\PUBLISHER\TFTPPATH\MOH>), error = 00000005.

The Services control panel indicates that the MOH Audio Translator service is

set to LogOn as the LocalSystem account. It should be logging in as the SQLSvc account.

Workaround:

Set the MOH Audio Translator service to logon as the local administrator

account.

NOTE: Cisco recommends that you do not run the MOH Audio Translator service on a CallManager node actively performing call processing because the MOH Audio Translator consumes 100% while translating files.

If the workaround doesn't help. Please verify network connectivity to the publisher's TFTPPATH\MOH from the Subscriber by pinging it and accessing the share.

Yes, it is.

By the way, what does this MOH audio translator service do?

Thanks

TheMoHtranslator converts anaudio source into a format for the MoH server. More info can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_2/sys_ad/3_2_1/ccmsys/a05moh.htm#1029664

So if I don't have a MOH server, and CCM is using its own default audio as MOH stream, can I stop the service? If I stop the service, will the CCM stop play music on hold?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, you can stop the Cisco MOH Audio Translator service if you have no need to convert any more audio files into the MOH formats.

Running Cisco CallManager 3.3, the correct procedure for this is to go to CCM Serviceability page, and Service Activation.

Running Cisco CallManager 3.1 or 3.2, the procedure is to go to Start --> Programs --> Cisco CallManager 3.x --> Cisco Service Configuration. Then uncheck the audio translator, click Apply, and reboot the server.