Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco show and share publishing to internet

Dear Experts

We have new deployment for Cisco SNS , and we need to publish SNS to internet . I need help to do it and any recommendations , please.

Thanks

Richard

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello Richard

1) You will only need to create A record/publish DMM to the internet only if you need to authenticate users viewing the videos on the Show n Share

2) you dont need to map the FQDN. Lets suppose that the DMM FQDN is test.bnp.med.ca and it's being resolved by your DNS server to 10.20.20.3 , then you only need to a request a public A record that should be identical to your internal A record but this time is resolvable to a public ip.

View solution in original post

Hi Richard

Did you fix your issue?. I need to make sure from the following.

1- you can access external SNS internally .

2-Natting is ok between Public & Private IP .

3-For DNS record , make sure that the name should be same inside & outside . For example internlly make it vod.bnp.med.ca , and create a public record vod.bnp.med.ca should be the same FQDN , otherwise your SNS will never work .For Authentication , you have to publish DMM.

Note: your issue that internal FQDN is different from external FQDN of SNS.

thanks

Please rate all useful information

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Richard,

what you need to keep in mind is the following:

1) you need to allow access to the https (web server of the SNS) - Port forwarding

2) if you are using authentication, you also need to allow access to the DMM server - Port forwarding

3) if you are hosting your assets in another server e.g storage/web server within your lan you will need to allow access to this service as well

e.g public ip:443 ---> SNS private ip : 443

hi

thanks for your help , but i have already done all you mentioned above as natting without success. When i typed through internet the real IP for SNS , it redirects to internal SNS and page doesnot displayed . If you have a successful solution fo my issue , i will be so pleased for your help.

Richard

Hello

1- That is normal , that when you typed the public IP it will redirect to the hostname.

2-For mapping internal IP to external IP , this will not give you the resultls which you need to see.

Workaround

1- Create DMZ area and try to put real IPs on Cisco DMM & Cisco SNS and ask your provider to map the real IPs to FQDNs.

2- Apply these configuation on your SNS & DMM.

3- Test

Thank you

HI

1-The main problem that your internal DNS cannot see to your real IP . For eample when you edit your hosts file and type

X.X.X.X eample.care.

2- The main problem that you internal domain is not publsihed through the domain , So you will get page cannot displayed.

Thanks

Hi Richard

Did you fix your issue?. I need to make sure from the following.

1- you can access external SNS internally .

2-Natting is ok between Public & Private IP .

3-For DNS record , make sure that the name should be same inside & outside . For example internlly make it vod.bnp.med.ca , and create a public record vod.bnp.med.ca should be the same FQDN , otherwise your SNS will never work .For Authentication , you have to publish DMM.

Note: your issue that internal FQDN is different from external FQDN of SNS.

thanks

Thanks kamal , panayiotiscy for help . Everything is ok now . I have a question regarding uploading videos through internet , is there any restrictions?.

Thanks

Hello

No restrictions

A- you have to make sure that your SNS has a signed certificate and no issues with certificate .  

B-You have to publish your DMM .

C-Test.

Waiting your feedback.

Thanks

Please rate all useful information.

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello richard,
This is happening because dmm and sns work with fqdn.this means that your private dns server has an a record for dmm and an a record for sns that are translated to the private ips. You are next move should be thay you create a public A record for both thr dmm and sns.then it shoukd work!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Dears

Thanks for help , i still stuck on my problem. I have some questions:-

I have internal DMM , Internal SNS . internal informationDMM 10.20.20.3 ,FQDN:test.bnp.med  & SNS:10.20.20.5 ,FQDN:vod.bnp.med. Internally is ok . I set a nat for 10.20.20.5 "SNS internal IP" to X.X.X.X.

Q1- I have already created one external record by my provider for the SNS which will be test.bnp.med.ca , is there any need to create a record for DMM also?.

Q2-How can i make internal FQDN be mapped to external FQDN ?.

Any help , please.

Thanks

Hello Richard

1) You will only need to create A record/publish DMM to the internet only if you need to authenticate users viewing the videos on the Show n Share

2) you dont need to map the FQDN. Lets suppose that the DMM FQDN is test.bnp.med.ca and it's being resolved by your DNS server to 10.20.20.3 , then you only need to a request a public A record that should be identical to your internal A record but this time is resolvable to a public ip.

hello

many thanks for your help , i will follow your solution. Can i get answers for the below?.

A- is this a success scniario for you ?.

B-If i published only DMM , end user when type the URL of DMM it will redirects to DMM or SNS?.

C-For SNS , no need to do natting for internal IP or create a new record to publish?.

D-If i published DMM , the user will see SNS home page or DMM home page.

Thanks

hello richard,

my answers below:

A) yes, our SnS is published for more than 1 year now. Ports allowed: 8443,443

B) Use case scenarion. Guests navigate to the url of the SNS: sns.test.ca .  Then, they click on the Login button, they are redirected to the DMM url: dmm.test.ca . After login, they return back to the sns.test.ca

c) users will only use the published DMM url in order to get authenticated (if needed).

hi

thanks again , still i have the problem . Can you check my below config ?.

1- I have already create two internal records for DMM & SNS to install licenses from DMM to SNS.

10.20.20.3 ,FQDN:test.bnp.med  & SNS:10.20.20.5 ,FQDN:vod.bnp.med.

2- I have already nat the internal IP of DMM to public ip and create public record for the public ip

10.20.20.3  to X.X.X.X &  test.bnp.med.ca .

3- when i tried to type vod.bnp.med.ca , i got the page cannot displayed , any advise .

thanks

panayiotiscy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Did you pair the sns and dmm?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App