Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Telepresence Content Server 7.1 Installation Issue

Hello,
I'm installing Cisco Telepresence Content Server v.7.1 on Windows Server 2012 R2 and during the installation received error: Failed to find Serial Number - the installer cannot continue. Please Ensure that the Serial Number and Checksum are correct. Could someone help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,
the problem is resolved. Is some reason when cisco script import data in windows registry, add interval after last digit in the last option key. I was open TAC for this and durring TAC engineer checking the option key we seen that interval. You can see the example from registry down:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TANDBERG]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TANDBERG\TCS]
"UUID"="12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789012"
"SerialNumber"="12345678"
"ReleaseKey"="123456789123456"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TANDBERG\TCS\OptionKeys]
"123456R1-1-1213456987"=""
"115869L1-1-5698745645 "=""  -----> Here after last digit, before quotes there was a interval

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you tell us more about how you're installing TCS, is this a new install or existing?

The serial number and option keys will be written to the Windows registry when you run through the install scripts prior to installing the TCS application, they will be sent to you via eDelivery if it's a new install or you'll need to copy them from your old TCS if it's an existing install.

I recommend you take a look at the install guide based on if it's a new installation (green field) or existing.

TCS S7.1 Virtual Machine Install Guide for Green Field Customers

TCS S7.1 Virtual Machine Install Guide for Existing Customers

I also recommend you review the TCS S7.1 Release Notes, regarding the guidelines and prerequisites of installing/upgrading to S7.1.

Hello,
I used TCS S7.1 Virtual Machine Install Guide for Green Field Customers. The installation is new and the files are taken from UCS datastore. I asked my Manager for eDelivery but he send me only the license pdfs. Tomorrow I'll try the installation again and write feedback.

Since this is a new installation, you'll need to generate a serial number and use the PAK from the eDelivery to obtain a release key.  The generated serial number, release key, and option keys will then be added to the Windows registry when you run through the install scripts.  The process is contained in the "Installing TCS Installer" section of the install guide:

I'm not sure what all files were contained within the datastore, but the required install scripts and TCS application can be downloaded from Cisco.com, the latest version is S7.2, just be sure to download the correct TCS bundle based on the platform you're installing it on.

You're right. I missed 1 PAK and now installation continue and hit the next problem. It need the 2 Live Broadcast key. I use BE6K bundle from UCS datastore. It's look the right bundle because we purchased BE6K product. I'm confused because 2 Live Broadcast key is for the other VSCVM bundle according the installation guide.

I've never installed a TCS for the BE6K before, all the one's I've installed were for spec-based deployments, however the process is essentially the same with the exception of specs and number of supported licenses.  BE6K can only support 1 recording and 1 live key, did you create the TCSLic.txt file correct as seen in Step 4 part b of the install guide?

My TCSLic.txt looks like example bellow, which is strange, because this is for the S_7_1_TCSVM_Bundle.zip. but the product is BE6000K and I use what I have.
<<Serial No>>
<<Release Key>>
<<Recording 5 Key>>
<<Live 2 Key>>For my installation (BE6000K) should be like:
<<Virtual Serial No>>
<<Release Key>>
<<Recording 1 Key>>
<<Live 1 Key>>
If you could download this bundle for me ( S_7_1_TCSBE6K_Bundle.zip ) I think the installation will be successful. In UCS datastore there was only S_7_1_TCSVM_Bundle.zip.

The contents of the TCSLic.txt file is the same regardless of the installation bundle you have, you just need to make sure the licenses you enter into the file are correct based on the platform you're installing TCS onto.  In your case, it will be formatted like the image in Step 4 part b.

You should be able to download the TCS BE6K bundle yourself from Cisco.com.

Unfortunetly I can't because I have no Contract Number. The support for this installation begins after 2 weeks and when my PM register support in cisco I will receive CN. During this time without CN i can't download anything but I have to finish the installation.

The only things you really need in the TCSLic.txt file are the Serial Number and the Release Key - the rest of the licences you can add via the GUI once the server is up and running.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Yes, I know but during installation show me this:
This option key is not for BE6K bundle but for some reason prompt me for this installation.

Hello,
the problem is resolved. Is some reason when cisco script import data in windows registry, add interval after last digit in the last option key. I was open TAC for this and durring TAC engineer checking the option key we seen that interval. You can see the example from registry down:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TANDBERG]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TANDBERG\TCS]
"UUID"="12345678-1234-1234-1234-123456789012"
"SerialNumber"="12345678"
"ReleaseKey"="123456789123456"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TANDBERG\TCS\OptionKeys]
"123456R1-1-1213456987"=""
"115869L1-1-5698745645 "=""  -----> Here after last digit, before quotes there was a interval

Glad you were able to get it resolved, thanks for the update!