cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CLID Name with Number

sgamer
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that has a 3.0.11 Callmanager cluster, a Catalyst 4604 Gateway and a PRI. What needs to be done to get the Caller ID name and number to show up on the IP phones? Currently, only the number appears. Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

jraarons
Level 1
Level 1

NI3

Huh?

I think what jrarrons is trying to say is that PRI does not support name on CLID yet. NI3 (National 3 signalling) is supposed to support it, whenever it is available.

PRI does support CLID Display, you need to make sure that the Calling Party name is sent in a Display IE, CallManager will not accept any other message for Calling Party name display.

Make sure the Presenataiont Bit is set to allowed, and the Display IE checkbox is checked under the gateway configuration.

-Dustin

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Do a debug isdn q931 on the 4604 gateway and see if you are getting the Display i.e. from the telco. If you are not getting it from the telco you will not see it on the IP phone. Sometimes telcos forget to turn the feature on.

If you are not sure about the debug isdn q931 post the results and someone should be able to help you.

You do not need ni3 to get callerid.

Thank you,

-Mckee