cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CM 4.1 support for Facility IE

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Does anyone know if Call Manager 4.1 will finally offer support for displaying caller ID name from an H.323 gateway when the local telco is sending the info in Facilty IE? jasyoung..you out there?! :)

2 Replies 2

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

CallManager has supported sending name in the Facility IE it for a good while for MGCP gateways, since 3.3(3). I think we could receive it before that, but I don't recall. See this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080237271.shtml

In H.323 mode as you request, this is more the gateway's responsibility than CallManager, since the gateway handles all the q.931 signaling. It's my understanding that IOS supports receiving both the Display and Facility IE method from the PSTN (not 100% sure on this). I know that we support sending to the PSTN in the Display IE, because the documentation for 'isdn supp-service calling name' says we send it in IE 40, which is the Display IE according to the ITU q.931 standard. I don't know if we can send in the Facility IE.

So in summary: it can be done with MGCP, I don't know if it can be done with H.323 (but I'm pretty sure we can at least receive). At any rate, non-MGCP q.931 calling name handling isn't CallManager's responsibility. Sorry if that wasn't much help.

Thanks Jason,

when I run a debug on the router I see the caller ID name coming in clear as day but it is coming in a Facility IE and being sent over to CM as such. CM can't understand Caller name in the Facility IE field. At least not the current verions. That was wy I was asking about CM 4.1 possibly changing this limitation

Thanks,

Travis