cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS integration with Skype - Architecture and Licenses

Abhinavsk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to plan a CMS integration with an On-Prem Lync setup (CMS, CUCM, TMS and Expwy pair already exist) need some help with -

1 - Is there a PPT/Document that describes the architecture with the pros and cons of each method, i'm looking for a dual homed integration

2 - from a licensing perspective the customer has 25 SMP+ licenses on his CMS, I understand that this means at any given point there can be up to 25 concurrent meetings on the CMS (either video only or dual homed), does the integration with SFB require any further licenses? Will I have to add any licenses on the TMS or Expressway to facilitate the integration or scheduling with OBTP and outlook invite?

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you want to schedule dual homed video conferences using Outlook, you need TMSXE and integration licenses for the number of endpoints you want to schedule, see the TMSXE Data Sheet.

Note, if using CMS to perform gateway calls to SfB, ie: CUCM/VCS registered video endpoint calls SfB client through CMS, each gateway call will consume 1/6 of an SMP+ license.

Thanks, just to clarify, I currently have 25 SMP+ licenses, so in order to have 25 concurrent calls I will now need 25 + 25/6 = 30 SMP+ licenses?