cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Common device configuration precedent

Joe Bohelski
Level 1
Level 1

If I assign to a phone a common device configuration which has a softkey template set in it, then also  set a softkey template on the phone's config page, which takes precedent? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The one on the device.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

It's been a couple of weeks, so I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but the more granular/specific point at which a setting is made overrides anything higher up as a general rule. There are things like CSS which have their own rules, but generally a more specific setting trumps a higher setting.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The one on the device.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the quick response, Jaime.  Just so I'm clear, you're saying the softkey template I assign to the device would trump the softkey template assigned to the common device config that's also assigned to the same device?

It's been a couple of weeks, so I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but the more granular/specific point at which a setting is made overrides anything higher up as a general rule. There are things like CSS which have their own rules, but generally a more specific setting trumps a higher setting.

Joe Bohelski
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, Jaime and Will.  Apologies for my late reply.