cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection lost for IP phone.

t-crettol
Level 1
Level 1

We have installed two month ago, with a serial leased line and two Cisco2600, a remote office with IP phone. The call manager in the main office. Every think working well.

Last week we change the serial connection by a new one passing throught a other builiding and a cisco3640.

"eth0 cisco2600 s0/0 - s3/0 cisco3640 s 3/1 -cisco2600 eth0"

Since we add this router everything IP is well "ping, trace ...." but we lost the IP phones we can ping it but no connection, and we have some timeout for some application.

Any suggestion well be appreciate. Many Thank's Thierry

3 Replies 3

nmirashi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Thierry, I need to clarify: When you say you can ping the IP phones, but have no connection, what do you exactly mean? Are you not able to dial out?

Yes, i am not able to dial out because my phone is not able to connect to the call server. From my remote site, i can access application on my main site, ping servers and call server, but my phone is not able to connect to the call server. I am thinking about problem of TTL or MTU but i am not able to define the problem. Many thank's for any help !!!

If the IP Phone is up, check the network settings. Make sure you are getting the right IP and the TFTP server IP. IF everything's correct, check the status messages (on the phone) and see what's displayed so you get a better understanding of what's going on...