Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection problem between VT Advance and PC

johnyoon75
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have problem about connection between VT Advance and PC.

icon tray displayed the exclamation mark. i think this mark meaning connection problem between VT Advance and PC, that is, not sync both of them.

How can i troubleshoot this issue?

Regard,

John.

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

John,

Open VT advantage and you should see two links.

a. between phone and PC

b. between camera and PC

Both should be green for VT to work. If you see a mark sign it could mean either one of the links or both are down.

I would check if the camera is showing up on your PC as working properly (just to make sure drivers have been installed properly when you installed VT advantage on this PC)

I would also check if the phone has Video capabilities enabled. You need to do this on the phone configuration page (under device, not line)

By default this feature is disabled.

I would also check if you are using the right CM version 4.x, with the appropriate phone load for a 7960/40 that supports video capabilities. (this is applicable only if you are using a 7960/40)

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hello Sankar,

Thank you for your advise.

It's ok between PC and CVTA, but not ok between PC and IP Phone. I can see a mark sign between PC and IP Phone.

I tried to test with ping from PC to IP Phone, but There is no issue. Additionally, I already configure "video capability" option on CCM for IP Phone.

How do you think about this?

Regards,

John.