cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS With Large Number Of Partitions & Performance

shimebaugh
Level 1
Level 1

Do CSS with multiple partitions affect performance?

I have a project with approx 100 sites. I could also possibly group the sites and have 5 groups. If I make a CSS with 100 partitions, will that CSS perform noticeably slower than a CSS with 5 partitions?

I'm aware of the limit of 512 characters for a CSS which is a different issue.

The CCM 4.1.2 System Guide is not helpful : "Partitions do not significantly impact the performance of digit analysis, but every partition that is specified in a calling device search space does require that an additional analysis pass through the analysis data structures."

Anyone have any experience with the performance of a CSS with a large number of partitions?

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Current enhancements should allow to to configure up to 1500 partitions and/or up to 1500 CSS's.

When a call setup is in progress Call Mgr has to verify that the calling device is allowed to call the called device as per the partition/CCS configuration. Hence if you have a lot of partitions/CSS configured this 'database lookup' can take some time and if there are many call setups in progress there could be a performance hit resulting in increased call setups. Hence from a performance design perspective it would be best to limit the number of configured partitions / calling Search spaces as much as possible.