cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM is it possible to set High/low watermarks via AXL?

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200581-Procedure-to-Adjust-WaterMark-in-RTMT-of.html

Is there a way to do this via AXL?  Going to pull some logs to see what RTMT is doing here, wondering if anyone has done this successfully.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't ever seen a way to automate this, using AXL or otherwise - TBH I didn't enough know that modifying this alert did anything outside of the RTMT app itself.  It seems quite odd that if this actually changes a config somewhere in CUCM that the only way to do that is via RTMT.
If you can find out if the setting is present somewhere in the CUCM database, then you likely can read/write it with AXL - via <executeSqlUpdate> if necessary.  My suspicion is that RTMT is talking to some undocumented API on CUCM...

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't ever seen a way to automate this, using AXL or otherwise - TBH I didn't enough know that modifying this alert did anything outside of the RTMT app itself.  It seems quite odd that if this actually changes a config somewhere in CUCM that the only way to do that is via RTMT.
If you can find out if the setting is present somewhere in the CUCM database, then you likely can read/write it with AXL - via <executeSqlUpdate> if necessary.  My suspicion is that RTMT is talking to some undocumented API on CUCM...

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks David, Thats about what I thought as well.   This is a fairly common activity to free up disk space as inconvenient as it is. I could decode the TLS in the lab and find the undocumented API, but not something I would want to use in production without the BUs blessing.