Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Directory Greeting

Hi,

I am creating a custom directory greeting but the customer wants me to change the instrctions that are palyed to the caller. What they want is" Please enter the first few letters of the last name...."

So, where do I find that wav file?

Thanks,

Luba M

3 Replies 3

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Don't customize the prompt yourself. Instead, download Jeff's fabulous Alternative Directory Handler prompts from http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm. The prompt AvAddrSearchENU006_12 looks like just what you want.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy,

I have downloaded the information and files. Unfortunately, it does not solve my customer's request totally.

They are a bilingual company (English and Frech) and need to have 2 distinct prompts - prompt 1: English first and then French, prompt 2: French first and then English. So I am halfway there with the choices that Jeff has created but I will need help with the further customization. Any hints??? I am running Unity v4.0.3

Thanks

Luba M

Luba,

The directory handler prompts for English(US) are in this directory:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\ENU\G711\AvAddrSearch. Within this directory are files called AVAddrSearchENU005.wav and AVAddrSearchENU006.wav.

These are the "first then last" and "last then first" versions of the spelling prompt for the address search. There is a setting on the Directory Handler > Search Options page in the SA that controls which file is used.

For the French loacalized version of Unity, the directory handler prompts should be in:

\Commserver\Localize\Prompts\FRA\G711\AvAddrSearch. And the files should be named AVAddrSearchFRA005.wav and AVAddrSearchFRA006.wav.

So you should be able to record your own version of the prompts, save the files with the above file names and copy the files to the appropriate directory. Backup the original WAV files just in case. I'm not 100% sure this is TAC supported, but I ran this by Jeff, and he said it should work.

Nancy