cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cut off a message

cjrchoi11
Level 1
Level 1

trying leave a message to a subscriber but gets cut off within 5 seconds. what should I look to fix?<br><br><br>

7 Replies 7

Not applicable

Sounds like you have a demo system that doesn't have a licensed dongle on it, right? The system will run OK but you have a limit of 5 subscribers, 2 ports and messages are limited in length to be sure the system is not used for production reasons.

If you have a key, what version of Unity are you working with and what switch (including version and TSP version in the case of CM) are you hooked up to?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

I didn't post this message, but I am having the same problem. I do have a dongle and it is licensed. I have a dell power edge 1400 with unity 3.1.3. It is integrated to a callmanger 3.1 with TSP ver 6.0.1. What the deal is if someone either internal or external trys to call a subscriber and leave a message the call is cut of in 5 to 7 seconds. This is a new install that ran on 3.1.1 fine for 3 weeks with out problems. I started getting these issues and in the process of troubleshooting upgrades to 3.1.3, but this was not the answer. If you try to send the message or append to the message the unity lady comes on and states that goodbye is unavailable and hangs up on the caller. Also a new subscriber can not set up there mail box because unity cuts them off.

Hope this is enough info

chad

are the messages being left at all (just cut off at 5 seconds) or are you getting nothing? Could be a one way audio problem your dealing with...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Jeff,

The messages are not recorded at all. When you get cut off after 5 seconds the message will not go into the box. I can't believe this, but I have narrowed it down to a next PIX fire wall in my network. The voice traffic isn't going thru the PIX it is for traffic to the outside world, but it sure is screwing up unity. I unplug the pix and life is grand. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chad

It really sounds like you have one way audio. Just to help troubleshoot this, the audio stream is going to be point to point (i.e. Unity to the GW or IP phone). But the messages to set up the audio are going to go from Unity to CCM to GW or IP phone.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

OK
I will buy all of that, but the fact remains that if I unplug the PIX things work fine. Is the act of leaving a greeting multicast? PIX by default will block multicast. Can you give me some tips on troubleshooting this matter? Thanks for the assistance

chad

Figured it out
I had a command in the IOS of the fire wall to send all traffic to a global command. that was forcing the traffic out the internet connection and causing the one way voice

Thanks

Chad