cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

demoting a publisher and promoting a subscriber/Software Conferencing

joe.freeman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2 CCM 4.0(2) cluster with an IPCCX server and about 15 agents.

This cluster was implemented one server at a time, so the primary CCM is also the publisher. I need to make the backup CCM the publisher but can't remember how to go about it, correctly, nor have I been able to find this on CCO.

I also need to make sure the DC is available on the backup CCM as I'm trying to protect against a CCM failure and need the IPCCX to continue working.

The customer doesn't want to buy a fourth server to setup protection against an ACD failure, but they want the ACD to work if a CCM fails.

I'm also have problems getting conferencing to work. I only need ad-hoc, 3-way calling, but I need it to work across the 2621XM gateway to the PBX.

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joe,

If you are trying to promote the SUB to a PUB on a temporary basis its fine...But if you are doing on permanent basis, I would suggest that you build your Pub from a bakup.

Its not recomended to have your SUB promoted to your PUB on a permanent basis.

Also promoting SUB to a PUB, you loose some of the functionality.

Regards,

Arijit

Well.. I've change the priority of the servers in the call manager group so that the publisher is the lowest priority.

I need to change the JTAPI server in IPCCX as well, I think. I'm not sure how to fix the problem of not being able to log into IPCCX if the publisher goes down, though.