cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Design Help for Vedio Conferencing Solution over IP Network required.

arvind
Level 1
Level 1

I trying to design a solution for a Hospital/Medical College. the reuirement of the client is now intending to have VLans, Installing PACS(picture archiving and communication system) & plans to have Vedio conferencing ove the IP network which is 10 mbps shared on hubs to nodes and servers at 100 mbps.

I plan to upgrade the whole network to switched network with a layer 3 at core ad all the backboes at 100/1000 mbps. I also plan to propose 3510 or 3540 with CU and 2600 with MCM. At present the Vedio Conferencing is looked at happening with in the Lan, but later may be exteded ad itegrated with the other such Institutes. Pls suggest what shall be the better proposition.Your suggestion will be highly appriciated.

2 Replies 2

droessler
Level 1
Level 1

Here is what I will be installing: 3510 with 3525 and PictureTel 970 Collaborative package. All H.323 over our LAN and remote sites and I have an ISDN PRI comming in - to support legacy H.320 clients. Based on your setup I would look at upgrading the 3510. Also, I would definatley upgrade to switched network and make sure that QoS is covered. Hopes this helps...

zabriskis
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco has a paper "Videoconferencing Desing Guide" that could help. See another string in here to ask for it.