cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DESKTOP_CFG Problem

cplatt01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a huge problem! Each Agent maps to a share called Desktop_cfg (this is what Cisco Recommends). One morning I came in and the share was deleted! I am trying to piece files back together, but I do not know which ones I need! Any help would be great!!!!!

All users had the necessary rights to the folder. And the Folder was not set to read only.

THANKS,

CHRIS

3 Replies 3

clachoi
Level 1
Level 1

Chris,

What you need is this folder:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop_Config

To be shared and by default it is Full Control for Everyone during install. Agents need read/write/delete access on this folder to work. Make sure you name the share to be DESKTOP_CFG

Regards,

Clarence

Cisco Systems

I have that folder, but where is the InstalManager.exe. I see it is in the \IM folder, but when I run it from there I get an error reading "Invalid Screen Name"

Hi Chris,

Assuming that you're using CAD 4.x.x for IPCC, then the InstallManager.exe application is in the:

c:\program files\cisco\desktop\base\bin directory.

However, I would recommend that you run InstallManager from the CD, and the 'installed' version of InstallManager has limited functionality on what it can install. It's only really meant as a tool to deploy further desktop clients.

As you have lost your DESKTOP_CFG directory, you will also have lost your license files and LCC config files. You will need to re-run LicenseAdmin to re-install new licenses.

Best regards, Gary