cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP problem with IP conference station 7935

csummey
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem with a new 7935 conference station, on CM 3.1(2), not picking up an IP address via DHCP. I can give the phone a static config and it works fine, but when I emable DHCP, it just keeps displaying "Configuring IP" and never goes any further. Other IP phones, such as 7960, pickup DHCP address on the same switch port with no problmes. DHCP seems to be the only problem with the phone. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

mderriennic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I also had the same problem. I configured voice vlan & data vlan in a trunk for each port on the switches/. The problem is that conference stations can not have a computer behind them and do not support trunk connexions to the switch.

You have to configure a dedicated port in access mode in the voice vlan and set it to 10 Mbps/half duplex. It's quite annoying because you have to change the generic configuration of your switch's ports.

You can find all requested informations in this document "7935 IP Conference Phone Optimal Performance Configuration" :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00802381ab.shtml

Regards,

Marc