cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial peer match on Calling Number

rockstar72
Level 1
Level 1

I have CallManager 4.1 and an H.323 gateway configured with 2 analog ports for connectivity to the PSTN. I have line 1 set up as a PLAR to extension 3501 and line 2 set up as a PLAR to extension 3502. When making outbound calls, how can I make sure that extension 3501 dials out the port that line 1 is plugged into? I am assuming I need to match a dial-peer based on the calling number and I am not sure it it is possible. Any suggestions?

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I hope that I understand well your problem. You would like to exclusive reserve pstn line 1 for 3501 and line 2 for 3502.

Solution for that is:

You will make two route patterns for making external calls, and they need to be putted in the different partition.

Example:

9.! in the LINE1_PT and 9.! in the LINE2_PT.

On the first route pattern you will prefix 8 and on the other 7. You may use different prefix numbers. Both route patterns should point on the same H.323 GW.

3501 and 3502 need to be placed in the different CSS:

3501:LINE1_CSS consists LINE1_PT

3502:LINE2_CSS consists LINE2_PT

On the H.323 gw you need to add following lines:

dial-peer voice 10 pots

destination-pattern 8T

port 1/0/0 ; line 1

dial-peer voice 20 pots

destination-pattern 7T

port 1/0/1 ; line 2

Also you may look at the post:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.1dd83d31/0#selected_message

You may also switthc yourself :-) on the MGCP.

I hope that I helped

Mladen

Thanks for the great response. You're solution makes sense. I am going to play around with it. I am also considering MGCP - do you have any good documents on how to configure MCGP?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Rick

I'm glad that it helps. I think that this documment could be usefull for MGCP and analog GWs:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009428e.shtml

Have a nice weekend

Mladen