cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

difficulty implementing ATA 186

caboray
Level 1
Level 1

i recently installed two ata 186's as part of a LAN using linksys router. they have both been configured to use deltathree service and phone line #1 on each unit works well, but and i'm having 2 problems: 1. getting line #2 to function on each unit and, 2. getting the two units to work simultaneously on the network. (i get a fast busy tone on 2nd unit). they are to be used as part of a calling center in mexico that will eventually have 8 lines, so would another cisco product be more appropriate? Will a DSL connection be sufficient to handle 8 lines? i am, at best, a network professional in training, so i hope someone in this forum can help me with these (probably) easy questions. thanks. ray

3 Replies 3

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Follow the step 6 to make your second port on ATA to work.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/voip/ata_sccp.html

yraps
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I will try to answer to your points one by one,

1) You should be able to dail from lines of the ATAs. Have you configured different userid and psw for each line?

2) On the linksys router have you set any port forwarding or trigering? Where you point the ATAs to.

As for 8 concurrent call, it is realy depend on your DSL bandwidth and current usage. What is current charestaristic and I will guide you through

Regards

Yaron

Feel free to send me an Email to yaron@deltathree.com

JASON NIELSEN
Level 1
Level 1

Change the LBRCodec on the device to 0. The default is 3. This will allow both ports to operate at the same time.