cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Handler and Distribution List not working

jamesowen
Level 1
Level 1

I have directory handlers setup on a Unity 4.0(3) install. I have PDL setup to use with the directory handlers. When the directory handler is used no names are found. Using any other criteria such as location, domain, etc are successful. I can't figure out why no names are found in the distribution lists even though I've verified the lists are populated.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There were a couple bugs along the way about the SA not "sticking" with a selected DL as the scope - if you select a DL and then move off to another object and then back, is it still showing that DL as being selected? I think these were all fixed before 4.0(3) released, just checking.

The other thing that may be happening is the members of the DL are not beying synched into SQL - when you select a DL to act in this roll, it's called a "scope distribution list" and Unity needs to pull the entire membership (including all sub lists etc...) and flatten it into SQL so we can do speedy lookups - this can take a little bit and if there's a synch problem with the directory of any kind it can trip it up. Check the application event log for errors - you can also open up SQL directly (i.e. use CUDLE Database Explorer in the Tools Depot) and check the ScoptDListMember table - if there's nothing in there or only a few users this is almost certainly the problem - then we'll have to troubleshoot the directory synch issue (could be lots of things here) - that's a little more in depth.

If there are members in there and it looks right then something else is afoot...

I went into CUDLE and there appears to be all the entries there that are supposed to be there for the ScopeDListMember table. Any other ideas?

Do these users have their names recorded? Otherwise Unity won't find them.

That was an excellent point. I guess we all have to reminded of the simple things once in a while! Sure enough, I checked with the customer and NONE of these users are on the system yet, thus the "mysterious" problem. I created my own distribution list with existing users and all worked wonderfully. Usually the problem is simple isn't it! Thanks very much!