cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory listing of IP phone users?

lundjc
Level 1
Level 1

We have a small pilot (50) of IP phone (7960's) users and need to find a way to get a directory listing containing only IP phone users. I can go into CCMADMIN and get a list, but need a way for non-admin, not technical types to easily see IP phone users. Currently our IP phones have a different numbering scheme and most of out IP phone users have an analogue phone also, but we want them to be able to "play" with these phones and need an easy way for them to call other IP phones.

Our Call Manager (3.3.3) and Unity (4.0) are AD integrated.

4 Replies 4

jasyoung
Level 7
Level 7

http://yourcallmanager/ccmuser/directory.asp

This webpage will list all of your users independent of directory integration methodology. No authentication is required. If you're integrated into Active Directory, it'll show everyone in AD. If you have the WebDialer software installed, the telephone number links will be "active" for click-to-dial.

I've used that to query the 12,000 users we have, but I'm looking for something that will only query IP phone users.

Well, the directory is what it is -- everyone. There isn't a good way to determine who among them has an IP phone. Even if you crafted a custom LDAP query to see who had the Cisco profile attribute attached, that wouldn't be a 100% solution because the profiles remain attached in Active Directory even if you disassociate all their phones to "remove" them from the system. The phone association information in the LDAP profile is one opaque blob interpretable only by CallManager.

I understand you don't want your users to go into CCMAdmin, but that's where the info is. The closest I can get you to what you're asking is to have you install MLA (Multilevel Admin) and create a custom user class that can see only phones and not change anything. Users would login to the CCMAdmin page as themselves, go into the Phones screen, pick the Directory Number search-by dropdown and hit Find with no search criteria. That will list all the phones in the system. It requires a few extra clicks, but it's the best we can give you.

I agree with the previous posters. The data isn't neccessarily in LDAP. But it is in the CCM SQL. It would be possible to run a SQL query to get the information you need.

Of course, it would probably be easier to just search based on phone number if you have a seperate dial plan for the IP phones, or some other field that you specify for the IP Phone users. I.E tag those users in some way manually.