cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DN limit

ANGELO MARONGIU
Level 1
Level 1

How can I force the CCM to use only 3 digit for internal calls?

I mean : is there a way I can tell the CallManager that all DN are with 3 digits?

Now my CallManager behaves like this: I changed a phone DN from 315 to 3150 (for example) and when I try to call the new number from any phone, they use only the first three digits (3-1-5) and they do not wait for the forth (0).

Can somebody help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

you probably have the extension set up correct but there are number that are location in a partition and CSS that are similar to your extension that you are trying to change. I.E. you are changing 3150 to 315. but you may still have 3151,3152,3153...etc so since CM looks for the best match it has to wait for the interdigit time out to see if you are going to dial the fourth digit. try it again and this time press a # sign after you dial 3rd number that will tell CM not to wait for any more digits. this little test will tell you if you have any 4 digit extensions in that range.

hope that helps. but in short yes you can set it up to use 1,2, or 3 digit extensions. you probably have numbers assigned to some thing that you are not aware of.

scott

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

imranc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Do you have 4 digits DNs and you want three digit dialing?

Why not have 3 digits ext if thats what you would like users to dial?

I have three digits ext, but I tried to change some of them in 4 digits ext, the problem is that nobody can call them!

I was wondering if there is a value, maybe in service parameters, that I modified erroneously and now the CCM only watches the first 3 digits.

Do you think is it possible?

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

you probably have the extension set up correct but there are number that are location in a partition and CSS that are similar to your extension that you are trying to change. I.E. you are changing 3150 to 315. but you may still have 3151,3152,3153...etc so since CM looks for the best match it has to wait for the interdigit time out to see if you are going to dial the fourth digit. try it again and this time press a # sign after you dial 3rd number that will tell CM not to wait for any more digits. this little test will tell you if you have any 4 digit extensions in that range.

hope that helps. but in short yes you can set it up to use 1,2, or 3 digit extensions. you probably have numbers assigned to some thing that you are not aware of.

scott

You are right!!

The problem was that if I change my DN from 315 to 3150 and I try to call it, at the third digit I receive a fast-busy signal.

I find out a Translation Pattern 3XX for the wrong numbers that should redirect the calls to the Attendant Console, but it has no 'Called Party Transform Mask' so every time I try to call a number of four or more digits starting with 3, I cannot reach it.

Thanks a lot for your support

Kind Regards

Angelo