cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

doubt about sdk sample

kevin_israel
Level 1
Level 1

i have a phone services emulator instead of the physical phone, it's running in the internet explorer but it sends this error "the content type of the http header has to be 'text/xml' and not 'text/xml;charset=ISO-8859-1", i reviewed the .jsp code an it doesn't specify that... it could be for the emulator??

7 Replies 7

XmlEquals
Level 3
Level 3

Find out what the header really is. You can use ethereal (free program for sniffing), or probably easier, just hit the page with firefox with the web developer extensions added.. you can view the headers with that plugin very easily.

i did that, with firefox, i could see the document tags, and in the propierties says that the encoding is ISO-8859-1, i don't know how to change it

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

Did you specify text/xml as the contenttype in your JSP page, such as:

<%@page contentType="text/xml"%>

yes, this is the line:

response.setContentType("text/xml");

a tried changing it but didn't work

Perhaps try adding this line to the top of your XML that you send to the emulator:

Not sure if that will help, but you never know...

i tried that, it didn't work either, with encoding and with charset (utf-8, unicode), no one works, it's still sending the same error

I guess this is something the webserver adds automatically and you need to look into the webserver configuration. But if the emulator is so limited that it can't even handle standard header tags... makes you wonder what other limitations there are that could lead to problems during development. Since you can install CCM for development purposes on any W2K server, and with the IP Communicator you do have a fully functioning SCCP phone, perhaps that would be an alternative solution for you? Or, you can combine the CCM simulator with the IPC and have a complete software-only solution that you can run on a single machine.