cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder and 3750

mark-rose
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2600 that connects to a 3750 layer 3 routing that feeds a 3550 layer 2.

The 3550 died and I replaced with a 3750 layer 2 only I can only see the 7912 phones no 7960 or 7940s. The old 3550 could see all the phones in emergency responder. Using vlan 1 for data and 700 for voice. Again the 3550 was working fine with the emergency responder with the 3750 I only can see the 7912's.

Cut tomorrow night :-(

4 Replies 4

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

If you do a show cdp neighbor on the switch do you see the phones? If you do not see them here, then troubleshoot the CDP side of why they dont show up. If they do show up, be sure to check the SNMP stings as well as any access lists that could be blocking snmp.

In CER, do you see the phones show up as unlocated?

If you do not see them here, make sure the snmp strings are correct on the CCM servers and that all CCM servers are included in the SNMP settings on the CER server.

Check this like for required IOS and switch types for CER.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/respond/res12/res123/123errn.htm#wp1105427

The 7960 are now showing up but I didnt change anything. I will reboot the servers just to make sure. Not sure if it is switch or a Server issue?

I added 18 more 7950's can see the ports not any phones. I have a TAC case opened but will spend some time bypassing e911 and dial out local then get back to this.

I found the subscriber was missing the community string for the e911 server. The community string is required on all subs.Fixed and Thanks

Merry Christmas, Mark