Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR: SendMTPResourceErrToSender - ERROR AllocateMtpResourceReq failed

Curtis Fuentes
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have users complaining that they are getting fast busy or disconnected when transferring a call. All users work from home and use the cisco softphone. I read some where that it could be a codec issue to set all regions to g711, but the issue persist. I pulled the logs and I am seeing the following error SendMTPResourceErrToSender - ERROR  AllocateMtpResourceReq failed. Can some one please help.

My enviroment : CUMC 8.5 , UCCX 8.5

Thank you

1 Reply 1

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

may not be a fix but a few things i normally check are

1. Media resource group and see what you have associated. if you have hardware and CUCM MTP configured remove the CUCM MTP and see if this helps.

2. See if MTP is checked if you have the GW as H323

3. ensure the MTP in CUCM are in the correct device pools

4. log into RTMT and check the alterts, also, look at the syslog viewer to get a better picture of the system.

ive experienced MTP alerts and mine was an issue with my transcoding not configured on the router in combination with the MTP CHECK box on the H323 gateway. may want to look into that.

You could also try configuring a hardphone with the same settings including DP and location as that of your softphone. you should get different results. if you do then you might want to look at the codec/MTP configuration on the router.