Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway And Jabber in the cloud

lgrusila avain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

we currently have the jabber in the cloud and we will built also and the collaboration edge

I am wondering how will be the config for this deployment

we have implemented a collaboration edge with on premises IM and presence but what about now with the cloud im/presence

/rr

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

WebEx Connect or IM/P in the cloud doesnt need Expressway. It connects to the cloud service natively. In the cloud, you put in the server name for UCM/UCN, it uses the domain portion of UCM/UCN to do SRV lookups and finds the Expressway servers. Also, make sure that the on-prem IM/P domain and the clould IM/P domain do not match as that might cause issues.

Please rate useful posts.

Hi George

the expressway is not for the presence part but for voice services ( soft phone and voice mail)

how when i connected to jabber on cloud deployment the jabber will be able to find the expressway and then register the soft phone successfully?

this is my question 

ps:

we dont have on premises im/presence since we have this service from the cloud

Got it, basically if you configure _collab-edge._tls.domain where domain is the domain for your CUCM/Voicemail, this will connect to your Expressway after it has logged into WebEx connect.

Please rate useful posts.

George 

thank you for the answer

But we are using two domains

One internal for the servers and one for  external. _collab-edge._tls.domain is use external domain .