cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Error 6

rgoralski
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot log into some of the device profiles with error 6. The website gave a vague description of the issue. Has anyone seen this beore or have an idea of what causes it?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Hi, is this the scenario:

When you press the service button you see "Extension Mobility"under the services list and when you select the service you get the:

"Login Unsuccessful" Error: [6]

If yes, please try the following:

1.- Restart the Tomcat service (see if that works)

2.- Typical reason of Error #6 is device profile is not associated with user. Therefore for your first action step, please see this link and follow the instruction if you not have done it.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/voice/showcase?case=K47779633

3.- Next, if the problem still persists, please run CCMPWDChanger, and restart Cisco Tomcat service, IIS Admin Service, and WWW Publishing service from Windows Service component tool.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Also if none of the above suggestions work and you are integrated with AD, please re-install the AD plugin.

Ok, great! I will re-start those services and see what happens.

Thanks

I tried restarting services but EM still did not work. I ended up un-associating the users, deleting and re-creating the device profiles and re-assoc. them. That resolved the issue.

Thank you for the suggestions!

mohamedtag
Level 1
Level 1

I faced the same problem many times running EM under CCM 3.3(4) and i made the same Action . Deleting Device profile - User and creating everything again from Scratch and everything works.

I think we need Cisco TAC Engineer interaction regading this Issue.

Regards

M.Tag