cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility - Profiles

m_nichols1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - I have a question on extension mobility and profiles.  Does each individual user require their own EM profile?  I'm trying to enable this after the fact, was able to bulk edit to enable the service and apply the service to phones.  I'm just not sure how to handle the End User side. I created a default EM template for a couple different phone models but left the Line 1 number blank.  I assigned one of those profiles to a end user and tested. They login to the phone fine, but there is no line 1 number.  Anyway, wondering if there is a way to have a default template that pulls the end users number with it?

Thanks All

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you did that assuming it would take the line settings from the phone in which they logged in, that's not how it works, each user needs to have their own UDP with their line settings and if they will use more than one phone model, you'll need to configure default device profiles for each phone model.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Okay Thanks. So each user does need their own EM profile with number.  Sounding like you use BAT for this?

User does need their Own profile with extension. Yes You can add profiles in bulk using BAT.

Response Signature