Views
Helpful
Replies

failed when upgrade from 3.3.3sr4 to 3.3.4

adek.mussin
Level 1
Level 1

I'm adek from indonesia

I want to upgrade the cm from 3.3.3sr4a to 3.3.4 but it come out with this error "Failure occurred trying to determine if Cisco Directory install succeeded.

Aborting Cisco CallManager install", Any idea how to resolve it?

Thanks

Adek

4 Replies 4

Daniel Baum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this Cluster AD Integrated? Are you seeing this error on the Publisher upgrade or the Subscriber?

If AD integrated and if the Publisher, check these two possible workarounds. If applicable, make the change and rerun the upgrade on the Pub and then the Subs.

Possibility 1)

Workaround

On the publisher check to see if the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration\ DCDMGRPW

has the following value: 0c0a000a2c101c1a100354615c

If it does not, paste it into the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration\ DCDMGRPW

Possibility 2)

When looking in the registry at HKLM\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory

Configuration\AppsUsers\CCMAdministrator

You may find the "password" key blank . This is due to the fact that the customer did not run the CCMPWDChanger on the publisher after the Customer Directory plugin.

The plugin instructs the customer to run this utility to change the CCMSysUser but not

the CCMAdministrator password. The plugin needs to be changed to indicate to the customer that the CCMAdministrator password MUST be changed.

Woraround:

Run the CCMPWDChanger on the publisher to change the CCMAdministrator and CCMsysUser passwords before running the install on the subscriber.

Possibility 3)

Check if these password are occupied or blank:

the passwords for the CCMAdministrator and CCMSysUser accounts should be the hashed version of "ciscocisco123" from under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Cisco

Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration\AppUsers or are both of those passwords were blank? If blank, put in the hashed version of ciscocisco123, 0c0a000a2c101c1a100354615c.

Possibility 4)

Make sure the hosts and lmhosts files are correct per:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094976.shtml

These are good places to start.

Dan

Adek,

If you have alrady upgraded your publisher and are recieving this error on a subscriber, try the following. Change the value of the "IntegratedInstallVersion" registry key on the publisher(3.3.4) to match what is on your 3.3.3 subscriber. Complete the install on your subscriber and then change the key back. This is a known problem.

Good Luck

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your guidance but i still get this error message even i already make sure that CCMAdministrator and CCMsysUser dont have a blank password.

FYI the error message happens when i tried to upgrade the publisher.

Any other idea?

Thanks a lot

Hi Dan,

I finally found out the problem :)

Looks like there's a incorrect information on my windows environment path, after corecting it, the upgrade run smoothly.

Thanks for you help

btw do you have any idea on restoring 3.3.3 backup into 3.3.4 publisher ?

Thanks