Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover problem

Sandy Lee
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a PUB and a SUB, which are supposed to failover to each other. I have an H323 gateway configured to process incoming calls through dial-peers. The voip dial-peers have a session target that sends the calls to the PUB. But when the PUB is down, the calls aren't coming in. How can I make sure, that if the PUB isn't available, the calls will be processed by the SUB ?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Sandy,

You will have to set two dial peers to do this.

Each dial peer will have a preference set, preference 1 being your primary (subscriber) and preference 2 being your backup (publisher). I see that you are using Publisher for primary call handling. You should use the Subscriber for call handling (all phones and gateways should send receive calls using the subscriber as primary). Just goes with best practices. Use publisher as backup.

Here is a link as to how to set two dial-peers on a H323 gateway for redundancy.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080094852.shtml

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Sandy,

You will have to set two dial peers to do this.

Each dial peer will have a preference set, preference 1 being your primary (subscriber) and preference 2 being your backup (publisher). I see that you are using Publisher for primary call handling. You should use the Subscriber for call handling (all phones and gateways should send receive calls using the subscriber as primary). Just goes with best practices. Use publisher as backup.

Here is a link as to how to set two dial-peers on a H323 gateway for redundancy.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080094852.shtml

HTH

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus