Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Call Disconnect Problem

athar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using FXO-M1s on 2611 and 3640s. Whenever a call comes in, it is routed as per the dial-plan. Some calls are routed locally, and some are sent to remote locations using VoIP. But after the call is terminated the ports on both sides remain in the up mode, untill someone manually takes out the cable from the port on either side. I have gone thru differnt solutions available on web; also tried "supervisory disconnect anytone" etc, but the calls dont terminate on the ports. Can someone suggest something that would really work.

Many Thanks and regards,

Athar

1 Reply 1

triad
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar problem and could not fix it for months. We finally figured out that the problem was due to our Telco. Analog lines can be either: 1)Copper(older technology) 2) Pair-gain (Newer fiber I believe). Depending on the area youlive, you can request either type. We found out that we were using Pair-gain when the problem was occurring. Our telco switched to copper and the problem disappeared.

Hope this helps

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: