Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO Remains Busy after PSTN user hangs up Call

jmujica
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the situation..

I have all calls arriving on FXO ports go to Unity for Auto Attendant Capabilities. What happens is if I start listening to the Unity Conversation and I hang up the call for some reason the FXO remain open for a long period of time. Also if I get transfer to a subscriber and I reach the subscriber VoiceMail and I hang up the call, the line also remains open for a long period of time. That doesn't happen if I'm oonnected to an IP Phone and then I hang up the call then the FXO port is available in a resonable time.

I got the following command in the FXO port of the router. I don't know if I'm missing something else on the router, CCM or even Unity..

!

timeouts interdigit 2

timeouts call-disconnect 2

connection plar opx (VM-Pilot)

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

!

I'm using H.323

TIA,

-Jose

5 Replies 5

jtvedte
Level 1
Level 1

Jose,

I'd suggest this for a possible workaround....

setup a route point in CM, and do the connection plar opx .

setup the routepoint to forward all calls to Unity, and use a VM profile to mask the #.

-----------------

To diagnose, I'd suggest you list the gateway, IOS versions, CM, and Unity versions, TSP, etc.

Here is the equipment and software I'm using:

Gateway - Cisco 2611XM with 12.3(7)T IP-VOICE

CCM - v3.3(3)SR4

Unity - v4.0(3)SR1

TSP - Latest TSP Version..

I'll try the workaround but do you think it will make the FXO port go down after the PSTN user hang up the call while in Unity??

TIA,

-Jose

Can you let me know if you have an NM-2V, NM-HDA...?

Also - what VIC - VIC2-4FXO? VIC-2FXO, VIC-2FXO-M1, etc...?

The 12.3.7T could be the issue - DSP bugs are a known issue with the 12.3.4T code...

I would suggest you open a TAC case, and cross post on the Unity forum -

electro22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi -

Sounds like you are having a supervision issue with calls coming from the PSTN. Correct me if I am wrong, scenario is PSTN caller -> FXO Port -> Unity.

Your PSTN lines are probably loop start lines. I would convert them to ground start lines. Ground start provides the supervision on analog lines and eliminates the long wait after a PSTN caller hangs up.

See:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00800ae2d1.shtml

-Jaret

Thanks Jaret. But I'm having the problem using Ground Start. I haven't use Loop Start..

Thanks,

-Jose