Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway Overflow Routing

mflanigan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My customer is running a centralized CCM environment with PSTN GW's at remote sites (2620's w/T1). They would like the router to be able to re-route an incoming call back over the PSTN to another gateway if the call is destined for another site in the network, and there is insufficient WAN bandwidth to accept the call. From what I can see, this is not possible. The most that can be done is have the router reject the call, based on max reserved BW and/or the BW specified in the ip rtp priority field.

I don't think thst even going to an H323 gatewkeeper/gateway setup will allow them to do what they want. Am I missing any possibilities? Thank you.

2 Replies 2

bcowley
Level 1
Level 1

You may be able to do this with a preference command in the dial peers using H323. So if the first dial peer rejected the call due to lack of bandwidth, it would try the next dial peer out to the PSTN. I'm not sure if it would work in this scenario, but it may be worth a try.

Thanks, I'll look into it, but the doc states that POTS peers must have higher priority than the VoIP peers when mixed in a hunt group, which is the exact opposite of what we want. Also, I believe the router will only hunt past a peer if it is unavailable, which I don't think includes CAC-type bandwidth issues, only loss of connectivity. Bummer.