Views
Helpful
Replies

Generating CUCM and CMS licenses using CCW

Network-giiig
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm always struggling when it comes to OnPrem Collaboration licensing, I came accross a bunch of documents and datasheets, but still feel like can't get it.

For a given scenario, where we have the collaboration devices (let's say 20x room kit pro), registered on a CUCM and have a CMS for video conferencing, in order to have these 20 Room kit pros registered and each one can host a meeting, does this licences okay :

1. Using A-Flex-3 (te generate CUCM/Calling licenses) as follow:

Networkgiiig_0-1676837366004.png

2. Using A-CMS (to generate Video Meeting licenses) as follow:

Networkgiiig_1-1676837697619.png

am I correct with my way of doing it ?

Thanks in advance.

BR

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your Cisco partner should be doing this for you; it’s their job to know this sort of thing.

On-perm video device registration is not included in A-FLEX-3 NU calling. You’ll need to add that as well further down in the Other section. (It’s $0 for EA model but I doubt you want the 250 minimum for that.)

PS- Most CMS deployments also deploy VQ Communications Conference Manager, available via Cisco Solutions Plus or direct from their resellers.

@Jonathan Schulenberg wrote:

Your Cisco partner should be doing this for you; it’s their job to know this sort of thing.

On-perm video device registration is not included in A-FLEX-3. You’ll need to add that as well further down in the Other section. (It’s $0 for EA model but I doubt you want the 250 minimum for that.)

PS- Most CMS deployments also deploy VQ Communications Conference Manager, available via Cisco Solutions Plus or direct from their resellers.

@Jonathan Schulenberg 
I beleive that the "On Prem video device Registration" is available under the A-Flex-3, Here is what I mean :

Networkgiiig_0-1676914622484.png

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks

Yep. On-prem video device registration is what you'll want if registering to CUCM. If you want One Button to Push to work on those endpoints you'll need VQCM or Cloud Device Registration as well to get Hybrid Calendar (with Webex Edge for Devices); CUCM will not integrate with the room resource mailbox directly.

Thanks @Jonathan Schulenberg 

What about the A-Flex-Device ?

What's the difference between it and the flex-3? Does the Telepresence Room devices use it to register to CUCM or to Webex, I couldn't find enough information online.