cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

go back to the services main menu

banguita
Level 1
Level 1

How can i go back to the services main menu?

When i use a SoftKey:Exit it goes back in the history, instead of going to the main menu or quit the services screen.

<SoftKeyItem>

<Name>Exit</Name>

<URL>SoftKey:Exit</URL>

<Position>3</Position>

</SoftKeyItem>

3 Replies 3

aaronw.ca
Level 5
Level 5

Each unexpired page will be added to the history list. When you invoke Softkey:Exit, you generally move one page back in the history list.

If you do not want a page to be added to the history list, add an expires tag set to a value of -1, such as in the following snippet:

<%@ Language=JavaScript %>

<%

Response.ContentType = "text/xml";

Response.Expires = -1;

%>

If you set all of your pages with this expiry setting, invoking Softkey:Exit from any page should return you to the Services menu.

Did you want to return to the services menu, or just exit the services menu entirely and return to the regular phone display? This thread might also be of interest:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd5dfc2

you could of course also just put a link to the service's entry url. I usually put a lot of code for several XML pages into the same file and have a base url stored in the script.. then my "go back to start" link looks something like <%baseurl%>.

Exit doesn't always behave the same, and Exit is no valid option for certain XML elements so you have to be rather careful with it or your service won't act the way you need it to.

which is the service´s entry URL? i´m configuring external servervices and i don´t know which is the service´s entry URL in the server.