Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 Call through Netmeeting with Call Manager

rshanmugam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

I have tried configuring a Microsoft Netmeeting client as a H323 device on the cisco call manager 3.2.2c and was successful making calls locally (with in call manager limit),but if I tried to make a call across gateway(Cisco 3660 with voice card) it fails.Also I tried changing the gateway settings to the IP address of my Voice gateway ,but with no luck .

Can somebody advise me as where am going wrong.

Raj

3 Replies 3

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

hi,

what kind of voice card do you have on the router?what is the ios version?If it's later than 12.2.8T, h323 v3 is used and netmeeting can't work properly

When a connection cannot be made on the third party H323 stack, there are two voice service voip commands that may help. There is a greater chance this will be true if the typology in question previously worked while interworking with Cisco IOS gateways running a software release earlier than Cisco IOS 12.2(8)T.

Both of these commands are hidden (CLI parser help will not show them) voice service voip subcommands. The format will be as shown in the following configuration mode:

3660(config)#voice service voip

3660(conf-voi-serv)#h323

3660(conf-serv-h323)#h245 caps mode restricted

3660(conf-serv-h323)#h245 tunnel disable

My router is running the IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3660-JS-M), Version 12.2(7c) image

Raj