Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware Standard For Callmanager

megren.naidoo
Level 1
Level 1

To whom it may concern.

I am in the middle of an IP Telephony implementation for our site.

I need clarification on some issues.

I need the Cisco Standard Hardware Spec for a Call Manager for the FFG.

Required Model of Compaq Server (ML370 ? or DL380)

Required Memory Configuration (1 GIG ,1,5 GIG ?)

Required Hard Drive CFG eg, Raid 1 or Raid 5

Cisco Approved Backup Software ( Our site uses Arc Server BY CA)

Is Dual Processor Servers Supported by Cisco on Call Managers .

Cisco Approved Anti Virus Software. (Our enterprise worldwide uses Norton Antivirus)

Would Cisco Provide support if a DLT Device if Attached to the Server (Callmanager)

I have searched through the cisco documentation, but they dont really help much.

3 Replies 3

s-cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If you buy the MCS server directly from Cisco, you can have choice of Compaq, Dell and IBM. Usually for MCS Server that runs Cisco CallManager, we normally by the MCS-7835 server which a Compaq Server. The standard memory loaded is 1Gb. You can actually specify raid 5 but raid 1 configuration is enough.

When you buy MCS server, you can specify if the server would come with DAT tape drive or not. For server that runs CallManager, you don't need third party backup utility. It has each own backup utility. But if you are installing Cisco Unity, you can choose any backup utility you want. The number of processors supported for any MCS server is I think up two only. Not unless if there are high-end servers that are accredited by Cisco to run CallManager then probably you can have more than two processors. So far, models of each vendors supported by CCM can be configured with dual processor only.

We haven't tried installing DLT Tape Drive on any MCS Server, but I guess it can be supported for us long it can be installed in the server. Some MCS server don't have any provisions for tape drives.

For Anti-virus software, I think you can install any for as long as it runs on Windows 2000 Server environment.

Regards,

Sherwin

The correct specification for customer provided servers is located at:

http://www.cisco.com/go/swonly

Dual processors aren't currently supported for CallManager nor is RAID 5 (RAID 1 is on the DL380/7835 - Unity servers specs are different in this respect).

CallManager backups have to be done with the supplied backup utility to a local DAT drive (only supported on the high-end servers) or to a network drive - this could be a server running ArcServ.

McAfee is the supported virus scanner.

Hope this helps,

Justin

thanks guys for the prompt responses...

where can i find the cisco accedited server list ?