cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP %C542-1-NO_RING_DESCRIPTORS

s-swamy
Level 1
Level 1

Any help would be appreciated. This use to on "3745-ipvoice-mz.123-7.T3" & we have just recently moved to "c3745-ipvoice-mz.123-10" now we are seeing this error with the call not connecting leaving just dead air.

4 Replies 4

maharris
Level 5
Level 5

We had this happen on a 3640 with FXS ports about a year ago, had a fax machine attached, and after upgrading from 12.1something to 12.3(2)T1, the port would go to sleep about once a week, and spew the 'no ring descriptor' errors. Only remedy was reboot, the few references to that error on CCO said something about 'should not ever happen'. We backed our code down to 12.2(15)T8 and the problem went away.

Mary Beth

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I had a CM 4.0 deployment few weeks back, with 12.3.8T3 and NM-HDV2 on a 2600XM router. I observed the same error on the router. Opened a case with Cisco TAC and finally they RMAed the NM-HDV2 module. That fixed it.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Well we had a previous hardware problem with our 3745 and ended up changing out all the hardware for a new one. The configuration has not changed and all the pstn lines have been tested with a butset. Are there any other IOS configurations I could try ? Iam now wondering if this will only be solved by using a t-train release. Thankyou for your help.

Try changing your IOS to a higher/lower version and see if that helps. You could try for instance, 12.3.8.T3.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus