Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with autoregistration

I have my call manager set up for auot registration. I have a 7960 and 7910 phone. DHCP is giving the phones the correct config, but for some reason the phones never completely register. I see this message constantly on the 7960, "Defaulting CM to TFTP Server". What does this mean. The 7910 just says opening 192.168.1.1, which is the IP address to default router. I appreciate any help.

3 Replies 3

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Usually this means that there is some sort of network connectivity issue:

- Is your Cisco TFTP server running and does the phone have IP connectivity to it?

- Are you using IP address or name for your Call Managers. If name please make sure the DNS parameters are correct.

- Erase the configuration on the IP Phones and try them again.

Is this a new installation or has this problem just started? Is the problem limited to a certain number of phones?

I checked the TFTT Service on my Call Manager and it is running.

I am using the IP address for the Call Manager.

I erased the config on the phones.

It is a new installation. I only have two phones and both of them have a problem. One is a 7910, it has a different error message. It says, "Opening 192.168.1.1"(default router) and "jOpening 192.168.1.200 (Call Manager/TFTP Server).

I can ping the phones from the Call Manager/TFTP Server.

Problem still exists...what else can I try.

You were right! It was a network connectivity issue. I checked everything again and I realized the typo that I made. My DHCP server was assinging 192.168.1.2 as the TFTP server, when it should have been 192.168.1.200.

My fault, cockpit error.

Thanks,

Bruce