We encountered high CPU usage for a number of DMP 4400 running on ver 5.2.3 that caused the display to be very slow and sluggish. We found that the high load is due to task /user/bin/sysmng job which is taking 99.8% of the load. Even after we do factory reset on the DMPs, the load on some DMPs still remain high.
Anyone has similar experience? Any explanation what can cause the sysmng to take up so much of CPU and how should we recover?
Which type of content are you running on the DMP? Did you review the content creation guidelines specs:
If the content you are running is following the specs, I would recommend to open a Service Request with TAC to investigate further the causes of the high CPU.
Thanks for your reply and informaion. We have done some trouble-shooting and found that the high CPU occurred after we enable RS232. We also found the following errors when we do get param command. Attached is the complete log. Not sure if you have any idea on the errors?
ERROR 01350015306.626295 mib mibGetPropertyValueNoCallback mib.c:586 rec == NULL
INIT 01350015306.777570 init Initx86ServiceStart init.c:1518 init.build: [Tue May 24 02:25:20 PDT 2011 [b2345]]
INIT 01350015306.777639 init update_mac init.c:1467 pMacTag=00:0f:44:02:4e:e0
INIT 01350015306.783365 init update_mac init.c:1478 init.MAC: [00:0f:44:02:4e:e0]
INIT 01350015306.783926 init Initx86ServiceStart init.c:1531 msid -e -q -f /opt/etc/msi.conf
INIT 01350015306.794491 init start_services init.c:1178 Start Service:
INIT 01350015306.795466 init start_services init.c:1178 Start Service: with args <>
INIT 01350015306.795686 init Initx86ServiceStart init.c:1538 calling start_network...
INIT 01350015306.795759 init Initx86ServiceMessage init.c:1438 calling on_link_up()...
INIT 01350015306.795788 init_com on_link_up init_cb.c:526 calling start_network...
INIT 01350015306.795998 init_com on_link_up init_cb.c:529 calling msi then network....
ERROR 01350015306.796140 msi srv_msi_start srvmsi.c:631 mibSetPropertyValueLong set for service 'msi' prop 'discovery_done', value '0'
ERROR 01350015306.865374 xfake cb_xfakeStart xfake.c:107 Can't open X11 display ":0"
ERROR 01350015306.865407 srvcore instanceNew instance.c:339 service_start failed for xfake service
ERROR 01350015306.865436 srvcore serviceStart register.c:346 instanceNew failed. Service:xfake
You can most likely ignore those error messages, they look unrelated with this problem and most likely cosmetic.
I would recommend you to open a TAC Service Request at this point, I am not aware of other situations where High CPU is triggered by RS-232 usage, so this would need more in depth investigation.