cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can do CCM cluster step (the same database)

shawn-chen
Level 1
Level 1

just have publisher database ccm0304. (CCM 3.1(1))

no origion subcriber database.

I reinstall a new publisher and subcriber.

how can I do this case.

another question:

when I upgrade this CCM cluster.frist upgrade publisher server or frist subcriber upgrade.

2 Replies 2

mderriennic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

you always have to upgrade publisher first. You can unplug one of the 2 raid disk in case you have to go back.

Then you install your subcriber. I know some services have to be reloaded after this but I don't remember which one. As of me, I always reboot both servers.

Hope this help,

Marc

ng.saravanan
Level 1
Level 1

Qn1.

I consider your problem is "U need to reinstall publisher and subscriber"

Ans:

Step 1. Either stop all the service related to CCM subscriber or shutdown the subscriber machine first.

Step 2. Start reinstalling Publisher.

Step 3. Once you have completed your publisher installation make sure that all call manager related services are running.

Step 4. Keep publisher in online. verify that network between the publisher and subscriber machines are correct. The reason behind this is when you have chosen the subscriber option at the subscriber installation time process will verify that publisher is running in the located ip address.

Step 5. Start CCM subscriber machine. Start your subscriber installation.

Step 6. Do continue your installation.

----------------------------------

Qn 2.

Upgrading Publisher and Subcriber.

Ans:

Step 1. Shutdown the subscriber.

Step 2. Start the Upgradation process at publisher machine. By this time you no need to specify whether you want to upgrade publisher or not. It will automatically choose the Upgrade publisher option. and disable the upgrate subscriber.(This will happened to upgradattion process at subscriber also)

Step 3. Once you have completed this machine keep this ccm is running and start upgradation at subscriber end.

Have a nice installation.