cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I determine my system's Switch Id?

steesk01
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity v3.1.3 with Exchange 2000 and TSP connection to CCM v3.2.1c. DB Walker is reporting that an alternate greeting on my Call Handler has a "Null" switch id. I cannot find where to set the switch id on the call handler nor can I tell what the switch id value should be by looking at the "Switch" option on the web administrator. The only option I have is to check-mark the box on the DB Walker to set the switch id to "0" and hope it's right.

Is there a way to confirm what my switch id should be and any other way to set it in case it is not 0 (in which case DB Walker would not work)?

4 Replies 4

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the "integration" set for on the key? If it's anything other than multiple integrations, the switch ID for CallHandlers, subscribers and other objects doesn't really have to be set to anything. It's possible that what DBWalker is warning about isn't really a problem.

Other than what DBWalker is warning about, is there a problem?

Yes... dbWalker is probably a little over aggressive here. NULL will default to "0" which is your default switch ID (i.e. if there's only one switch, it's "0"). Technically NULL shouldn't be used, it should always be 0 or 1 but it doesn't really hurt anything if it's a NULL.

I should probably change those notices to warnings instead of errors and leave it at that.

Ok. We only have 1 integration so I hope it is "0". It would be nice to verify but from what I gather on these responses, there is no easy way to verify.

Also, we are not having any problems that prompted this question. Just trying to follow the pre-upgrade steps for upgrading from v3.1.3 to v4.02 and clean-up all DB Walker errors.

Thank you for your help.

If you've only got 1 switch, it's "0"... honest.