cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I route an incoming call based on Caller ID?

mpquinlan
Level 1
Level 1

I have several VIP customers who need to be routed directly to extensions for special handling.

If someone calls with a specific caller id, How do I route the call to a specified extension (e.g. 777-777-7777 routes to extension 4850, everytime)?

Cisco Call Manager, with 2851, PRI T1 lines, 7960/7970 phones.

5 Replies 5

omendieta77
Level 1
Level 1

The first idea that comes to my mind is to use IPCC, or CUE.

Using CRA or CUE Editor you can make an script in order to route the phone calls, based on the CallerID that can be provided by the gateway.

It's not the nicest solution but it can work.

If the list of incoming numbers it's too large, maybe using IPCC, and a Database connection you can decide where to route the call.

Let me think what else to do with the devices that you have without adding/buying more devices.

Orlando Mendieta.

Thanks Orlando,

I think I am too new to follow along with the alphabet soup (IPCC, CUE, CRA, etc).

It would be great if I can just do this using the standard CallManager Administration webtool or another standard released tool.

Let me know what you can come up with.

Michael

Hi Michael,

well, I find complicated to do that using the devices that you have at this moment.

CUE (Cisco Unity Express) is a Voice Mail solution and it enables you to edit some scripts using a software called CUE Editor. If your list of incoming numbers is small it would work fine. It's a Network Module. If you are using another NM in the slot of 2811, you can use an AIM version.

The following links can be helpful.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps3115/products_qanda_item09186a00801c6387.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008041d950.shtml

Anyway I'll let you know if I find an easy way to do that.

Orlando

Hi Orlando,

I didn't list everything we have. We have Cisco Call Manager PUB and SUB, Unity, and Personal Assistant.

Does that help?

Michael

tygerdavid1
Level 1
Level 1

Are these calls from VIPs coming from outside (PSTN)? Are you using H323 or MGCP?