Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change Tone for incoming call in CME

Hello Everyone, We are using here Cisco CME,  and 45 SIP Phones, now our manager wants if some one call to our phones so the caller can hear national anthem not by default sound. so could any body help me in this configuration.

Thanks in Advance

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

A couple of links that will help you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/34956/creating-custom-ring-tones-communications-manager-express

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmering.html

Manish

Hi Manish Gogna.

Thanks for the Reply let me study it and test it then i will back to you.

Hello Manish

Manish thanks for reply but its not what i want, let say you are calling to me from outside network and when you dial our local number so you heard some rings, so we want to customize those rings so next time you call our landline number you will not heard normal ring you will heard some customized sound let say national anthem.

Thanks

That's not possible, there is no way to configure a ring tone for internal calls Vs. one for external calls.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

If its not possible in cme so could isp would hlep me in that

Neither of what you're asking is possible with CME/CUCM, if you want a custom ringtone to be heard by the calling party, we have no means to do that, you'd need to call your ISP to find out if they can do that, I'd doubt they will, but give them a call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime Valencia.

Thank you so much for fast reply, i already talk to ISP they say they cant.

what if i want that, when calling party call so they heard 3 rings then we give them a customized ringtone. like auto answer type.

Thanks in advance

Hello Jaime.

Thanks for Reply, Ok. i think u already experience that when u call a numbers  like an mobile number and you heard some song or some customize sound so how that is possible.

Regards

Anas